Effective date May 1st, 2018
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
1. Your privacy is important to us, and we have taken steps to ensure that we do not collect more information from you than is necessary for us to provide our services.
2. Information, such as name and email address may be collected at the subscription or entry time through the Site.
3. Through our Newsletters service provider, date and time of subscription is collected, as well as the IP.
4. We record and keep records of users’ browsing activities on our platform, such as IP addresses, browsing patterns and user behavior patterns. Also, we collect statistical information about the Site and visitors to the Site including pages viewed and pages which users come from.
5. It is mandatory for the Site users to provide determined categories of Personal Data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event users do not provide enough data or those marked as mandatory in the case they are needed, we may not be able to provide our products or services to these users.
B. USING PERSONAL DATA
If you provide us with your personal data, it is understood that you are authorizing us to collect, preserve and use this personal data for the following purposes:
1. verify your identity;
2. verify your eligibility to subscribe as a user of the Site;
3. provide customer service and respond to your queries, comments or claims if this is the case;
4. conduct research or statistical analysis to improve the content and design of the Site, improve our products and services offer and for marketing and promotion purposes;
5. Subject to obtaining your consent in the form that is required under applicable law, we (including our designated service providers as defined in C.1 below) may use your name, email and other information (“Marketing Data “) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing materials related to the services offered by us on the Site;
6. We collect your email address for the purpose of distributing our daily, weekly or monthly newsletter service (Newsletters). The email address provided will be used for the delivery of the information you have requested on this website. To qualify to receive services related to the Photographers Around The World e-mail, you will be asked to confirm your e-mail address, and you will start receiving newsletter updates until the service is interrupted or you choose to unsubscribe.
7. If you voluntarily submit any information to the Site or any of our staff for publication on the Site (Voluntary Information), including, but not limited to, personal profile and any discussion forum such as a blog, then it is considered you have given your consent to the publication of such information on the Site; and
8. make disclosures that are necessary for any of the above purposes or as required by law, regulations and guidelines or concerning any investigation, claim or potential claims made on, or against us.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
1. You further agree that we may disclose and transfer (both within and outside the jurisdiction of the Photographers Around The World entity which you are hiring with) your Personal Data to service providers contracted by us and/or other affiliated companies of Photographers Around The World, to help us provide including, but not limited to, data entry, database management, promotions, product and service alerts, , including but not limited to, MailChimp.com and Domestika.com (“Service providers”). These Service Providers are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only authorized to use your Personal Data concerning the purposes specified in B.1 to B.8.
2. You agree that we may disclose and transfer (either within or outside the jurisdiction of the Photographers Around The World entity), for the purposes specified in B.1 to B.8, your Personal Data to other affiliated companies and/or its designated Service Providers, to provide you with our services.
3. When necessary, we may also disclose and transfer (in and out of the jurisdiction of the Photographers Around The World entity which you contract with) your Personal Data to our professional advisors, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and other organizations for the purposes specified in B.8.
4. All personal data provided by you will be retained by us and will be accessible to our employees, by any Service Provider contracted by us and third parties mentioned in C.2 and C.3 above, for or in connection with any of the purposes indicated in B.1 to B.8.
5. All Voluntary Information, such as comments on the blog, opinions and ratings that you can make on the Site, may be made available to the public on the Site and therefore accessible by any Internet user. Any Voluntary Information you disclose to us becomes public information and you relinquish any ownership rights (including, but not limited to, the rights of confidentiality and copyright) in such information. You must be careful when deciding to include personal information in the Voluntary Information you send us.
6. We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do, we do not provide personally identifiable information without your permission.
D. RIGHT OF ACCESS, CORRECTION AND REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA
By applicable laws, you have the right to access personal information held by us and to request information correction or deletion.
The Site and its contents are not directed to minors (under 18 years of age), and we do not intend to offer any of our products or services to minors. However, we have no way to distinguish the age of the people who access our Site. If a minor has provided us with personal information without the consent of their parents or guardians, the parent or guardian should contact us at the address indicated in paragraph D above to remove the information.
F. SECURITY MEASURES
We use commercially reasonable security methods to prevent unauthorized access to the Site, to maintain the accuracy of the data and to ensure the correct use of the information we possess.
We recommend that you do not disclose your personal information to anyone. Our staff will never ask for your personal information in an unsolicited telephone call or in an unsolicited email. If you share a team with other people, you should not choose to save the information on that shared computer.
It is not guaranteed that the transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network is perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect the information we have for you, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and do so at your own risk.
H. USERS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
If we ask you to provide your Data to comply with a legal requirement or to enter into a contract with you, we will make that clear at the appropriate time and inform you if the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data). In some cases, you may have to provide us with Personal Data for its treatment for the purposes described above so that we can provide you with all our services and so that you can use all the Site features.
We will retain your Personal Data whenever we have a continuing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide you services or products, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. When we do not have a legitimate activity in progress to process your Personal Data, we will delete it or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data was stored in backup files), we will securely store your Personal Data, and we will isolate them from any further processing until its removal is possible.
If you have questions or need more information about the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us using the contact information provided in section J below.
International transfers of Personal Data
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights, which you can exercise at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided in section J.
• The right to access, correct, update or request the deletion of your personal data.
• The right to oppose the processing of your personal information when it is based on our legitimate interests, and separately, the right to oppose direct marketing.
• The right to request, in some situations, to restrict the processing of your personal information or ask the portability of your personal information.
• The right to opt out of receiving marketing communications we can send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “cancel your subscription” link in the marketing emails we send you. To unsubscribe from other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact information provided in section J.
• If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the legality of any processing we have performed before your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of your personal information made by legal processing reasons other than consent.
• The right to file a claim before a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from people wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
I. YOUR COMMENTS